Thursday, November 26, 2009

Oops, late again!

Whenever I meet a new friend for lunch or coffee I always tell her not to fret if I am running late, because I will be late. But only by about 5 or 10 minutes. I'm the late friend. I always show up...about 5 minutes late. I hate that about myself. I've tried desperately to change; but there is always that one last thing I could squeeze in. A small basket of laundry. A quick stop at the bank. A short report at the office. Somehow, though, that one last thing always takes about 5-10 minutes longer than I predicted. So just stop doing that last thing, right? Well, I tried that recently on the way to see Beth and Fran. I was so proud for being on time, only to realize I was still 5 minutes late but the basket of laundry was still on my couch.

It seems I have started this blog in similar fashion. After seeing the movie Julie & Julia I was inspired (by the daily writing, NOT by the cooking). After looking so forward for so many years to turning 40, I decided to begin a blog on my 39th birthday chronicling the remaining 365 days until the long awaited Big One. Well, yesterday was my 39th birthday, which makes me about 5 minutes late if you consider this a year long event.

Nonetheless, it is begun. My life in this 40th year is not what I would have predicted 20 years ago. Rather, it is far more than I could ever have even thought to imagine. Imperfect, of course. But marvelous to be sure!

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to journeying with you into your 40th year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a fun way to look forward to 40!
    God bless your journey! Pamela H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be so fun-- you are such a great writer!

    ReplyDelete

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.