Wednesday, October 6, 2010

40 Minus 50

I will be 40 years old next month. Only 50 days away, the anniversary of my birth approaches steadily, and I still have not found my button proclaiming "Finally I'm 40!"

As I prepare myself to ring in a new decade, I realize this year's birthday is special for another reason: it is the same day as Thanksgiving! I love it when those two days overlap; it brings joy to know that the entire nation is giving thanks on my birthday.

I know, I know...they are not ALL giving thanks for me, but it does add a bit more joy to my much anticipated day!

5 comments:

  1. Christine--two comments...First, I loved turning 40. Had an absolute blast celebrating, and my 40s are even better than my 30s. May you have the same joy. Second, funny story about my brother. His bday is Jan 20. We were living in WA, DC at the time of Reagan's 1st inauguration. It was my bro's 4th or 5th bday. Our parents packed us up early in the morning and took us into the ciy for a day of festivities, from parade to fire works. As we were headed home late that night my bro infamously says, "wow, not everyone gets a parade and fireworks for their birthday!" We decided to tell him many years later who it was really all about that day, and he has never lived it down. Maybe that's why he doesn't vote republican...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be rounding the corner in just 12 days!!! Finding a button...now that's a great idea!! I'll be finishing a cruise to Mexico with my mama on my birthday...so I, too, will have thousands of people celebrating with me!! :) May you enjoy your countdown!! Happy 40 minus 50!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, that cracked me UP!! I like your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of that yesterday, when I was marking up my calendar.

    40 is almost upon us. I think we have many things to look forward to, many things to be thankful for.

    WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, Lisa. 40 minus 67 for you? So looking forward to it! Another Lisa friend just posted a pic of the pendant she made for me on my FB wall. Check it out...I think you will appreciate it.

    Lisa friends rock!

    ReplyDelete

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.