Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hooray!

Nearly a year ago, I began this blog as a light-hearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays. The year has taken some highly unexpected twists and turns, not all of which have been lighthearted; yet I remain committed to loving the experience of turning 40. 

To that end I have searched high and lo for a button announcing my new decade. I envisioned a black button with white lettering announcing that I'm as old as dirt. Once found, I would take that button an bedazzle it in a way that would make clear my boisterous celebration of finally reaching this long-coveted birthday.

On Wednesday of last week my search ended in a most unexpected and beyond imagination way! Lisa Jo, an amazingly gifted and crafty-in-oh-so-many-ways friend brought me a pendant which boldly proclaims: "Hooray! I'm finally 40!"

Thank you, LJ, for such a generous and perfect-in-every-way gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.