Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Are You Sober?"

The scene: 
Boy 1, age 14, sits at the desk working studiously on his Latin II assignment. Father sits on a nearby  couch reading. Boy 2, age 10, enters the room from kitchen and approaches Boy 1.
Boy 2: (with completely deadpan demeanor) Are you sober?
Father: Why would you ask him that? Of course he is sober!
Boy 2: Seems appropriate for me to know if my teenage brother is sober. 
Father: Well that was completely random.
Boy 2: Yep. (exits room)
Boy 1 silently returns to his Latin textbook. 

Life with teenagers amuses me.

3 comments:

  1. I find this quite amusing to read on the day our twins turn 13!! Life with teenagers is amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What a great pair of kids you have.

    ReplyDelete

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.