Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Am A Queen!

One of our family jokes is that I am the queen. Not in a froo-froo princessy way, but more in a royal-feel-free-to-serve-me way.

Lately, though, I have been thinking they may not realize it's actually a joke. It seems every time I turn around my boys are doing nice and kind things for me. Of course they have always done nice and kind things for me, but I really think it's happening more and more.

For instance, tonight Boy 2 asked me to write down instructions for how to make spaghetti. When I asked him why, he said he wanted to make dinner so I could have the night off.

Both the boys and Mark show their love for me in myriad ways, and I wonder if I do half as good a job showing my love for them. Too often I walk into a room and see a mess instead of a family. I assign a chore and see what wasn't up to par instead of what was.

I fear I am in the same predicament with my love for God, Creator of the Universe. Despite His constant signs of love for me, I am far more apt to see things that aren't just the way I want them.

I'd like to improve my eyesight and begin to see things as they are meant to be seen.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your thoughts. (and what great guys you have in your family!)

    ReplyDelete

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.