Thursday, November 25, 2010

Woot! Woot!

Well, here it is. My birthday. I'm finally 40. Woot! Woot!

To celebrate I asked my family if we could do a whole lot of nothing today. No studying. No housework. No cooking. No fuss. Just me hanging out with the three most beloved individuals in my life. Lovely.

Of course there were gifts. From Boy 1 a full-on, top-down housecleaning. A very clever card in which in which he gave me a lesson in birthday math (39 + 365 = 40) announced his gift for me. This is a huge gift considering how we all disdain housework. A true labor of love: doing something he abhors for someone he adores.

Boy 2 wrote me a letter and attached a large black bow. The letter informed me that his gift will be all the vegetables he will grow in the raised garden bed he built last weekend. Another labor of love: doing something he loves for someone he loves.

Finally, Mark presented me with a scrapbook of sorts. One which proclaimed that I ought to get out of town. To that end, the pages took me on a tour of an overnight trip for two to Chicago...one which my groom will be whisking me off on in the very near future!

All three gifts were a perfect reflection of what my family knows I love and appreciate. I love gifts that are homemade, given from the heart and hard work of those who love me. I love gifts that include time to spend with those I love. And I LOVE the cities of this world!!

Now that I'm 40 I don't feel any different. No, I feel just as love and blessed beyond measure as I did yesterday and the day before and the day before....

1 comment:

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.