Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Birthday Gift to Me

I've said for many years that I love having my birthday fall on Thanksgiving Day. Knowing the whole nation is giving thanks on my birthday makes the day even sweeter. I know that 99.9% of the people celebrating Thanksgiving are not giving thanks for me specifically, but it's still nice. So having my birthday of all birthdays fall on Thanksgiving seems appropriate.

Therefore, I dedicate the rest of my 40minus365 blog to the convergence of these two magnificent days by giving thanks for things that bless me tremendously.

Today, I would like to take a moment to give thanks for naps. I love naps. I adore them! If I were not already married, I would marry a nap.

Naps are so great I even dressed up as one for Halloween.

Naps are also quite useful. Think of all the times we hear the phrase, "Boy could I use a nap right now."

Naps are a luxury most of the world does not enjoy on a regular basis. I, however, have an opportunity to nap at least twice most days. I can generally get a nap in during at least one of Wee 1's naps and during the 4 o'clock hour when carpool is done and everyone is home.

That's not to say that I take naps twice a day...that would be gratuitous. I really don't even take one every day. But just knowing I could take a nap if I needed to makes me very happy.

For my birthday this year I am going to give myself a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 2 special occasions in a day! That means, you are a Scorpio and I’ve checked your scorpio horoscope
    Enjoy your special day and you deserve everything that makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.