Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Let It Snow!!

As is typical, the forecast for the major snow event has lessened both in severity and possibility over the course of the week. Of course, that did not put a damper on the preparations Memphians make for snow I wrote about yesterday nor on the ever optimistic hopes of our children. It has, however, put a damper on my own dreams of a cozy day at home with no carpool, piano lesson, errands, etc.

Visions of giving my GPS a well-earned day off tomorrow were dancing merrily in my head this afternoon as I sat in the blizzard temperatures waiting to pick the kids up from school today.

Alas, as I write, snow chances have lessened by at least 20% and if we get any it won't be a wintry-wonderland of 3-6 inches, but a mere dusting of half an inch with winds blowing it swiftly away.

That is life here south of Tipton County; all the hopes of snow, very little of the reality. Still, no one in Memphis will regret having a few extra frozen pizzas lying around. One does not have to be snowed in to enjoy such fine eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.