Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pretty Blogs

I have not been part of the blogging world for very long. Only since my 39th birthday in November of last year. I started my blog on a whim and used a blogger template to get it going thinking I would go back later and pretty it up.

I have some friends who have super-pretty blogs. One friend has completely customized her blogspot with photographs she herself has taken, sidebars leading you to spots where you can purchase her photos, and many other cool and pretty items. Another friend changes her banner from one lovely picture to another whenever the fancy strikes her, and the new always is prettier than the old. A couple living overseas not only has a pretty blog, but they have tons of cool gadgets that allow their followers to customize where, when and how they receive blog information.

Nearly two months into my blog it still looks the same as always. I am fairly computer savvy and can manipulate most programs to do what I want. I have sat down to pretty my blog several times, but each time I end up writing instead.

It may turn out that my 365 days of blogging will all look exactly the same. I hope, though, that in the course of the writing you gain something of the pretty of life from my words, if not from my layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.