Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yesterday's Trauma

I forgot to blog yesterday.

To be honest, after last week's blizzard I just haven't had anything quite so exciting to write about. But as I listen to Wee 1 wind down from fighting her nap, I will relive a traumatic event that occurred yesterday.

I failed (I think) a test yesterday. I am taking a seminar in Acts and had to take a content test on Acts to see if I know enough to work at the seminar level. Having two opportunities to pass it and this being my first seminar content test, I knew not how to prepare except reading and re-reading Acts (which I did many times over the past month). However, I know this professor well and was certain the level of detail needed would exceed my current knowledge level.

After considering all options (one of which was to commit hari-kari trying to know everything I thought I ought to know and overdoing it), I decided to take the first test with just the multiple readings for review. Then I could see what was expected, get prepared, and conquer the second test, all the while maintaining my alive status.

After guessing on about 50% of the test (like who was was the High Priest's brother's dog's name (just kidding, his brother is named, but not the dog)), I came home and sat down with Acts and quickly knew that prepping knowing how I need to prep for will not be difficult. So I think I made the right decision.

Nonetheless, as the professor's GA, who also happens to be a member of the class, took the tests with him to grade, I gulped and gasped as a big ol' wad of pride forced its way down my throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.