Thursday, January 7, 2010

More Memphis Snow Mania

Well, it did snow...but only barely. I was going to add a picture of it today, but it did not last long enough to get a good one.

All area schools were closed except for the Memphis City School District, so my boys were up and out as usual. Boy 2 was duly disappointed. Snow brings him great joy, more even than a day off from school. I snuggled him while he cried a bit this morning, cleansing his heart of its bitter disappointment. Then he got on with the morning and had a good day at school...

...that is, until school was dismissed an hour early. Another part of the Memphis Snow Mania. It was not, in fact, snowing again, nor was it predicted to do so. It was, however, feared that with dropping temperatures and increasing winds roadways would freeze (even though there was not much, if anything, there to freeze).

So off I went at 1PM to drive carpool at Boy 2's school while Boy 1 was dropped off from his school by the carpool. On the way home I stopped at a neighbor's to bring her son over to play in the tidbit of snow with Boy 2, which they were dying to do and did for all of 15 minutes (not much one can do with only a dusting of snow).

So with Wee 1 napping blissfully, Boy 1 loading more information into his self-created Latin website, and Boy 2 and friend playing Wii, I have no where else to be today. All are happy and warm in the Parker Home.

1 comment:

  1. But I thought you were getting lots of snow. Somehow I got that impression on the news. Hmm.

    I hope Boy 2 gets a little bit of the fluffy stuff; it's nice to see every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.