Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Will Find Me...

...in the den after dinner opening stockings with my family.

Each year the Parkers hang out our stockings early in December. Throughout the month each of us puts trinkets in the other stockings so that by Christmas Eve they are overflowing. Then, on the all important Eve, we open our stockings.

I have a bit of an addiction to lip balm. I keep one in my van, one by my bedside, in my purse, in the bathroom, and generally I have one in my pocket. The boys spend the month seeking the best lip balms around. I had four in my stocking this year and am currently enjoying Nivea A Kiss of Moisture Hydrating Lip Care.

Mark enjoys his Andes Mints and the boys love the gum and mechanical pencils they always find.

Then there are the novel items each finds in his stocking. It is a great adventure to find new things each year. Everywhere I go in December my stocking stuffer radar seeks new items the boys will enjoy.

After stockings we do whatever night-before things need doing for Christmas dinner then settle in for "It's a Wonderful Life."

And that's where Christmas Eve always finds me.

3 comments:

  1. Love the Nivea!! I was first introduced to it in Germany;it was called Labello. In the spring I found some in the drugstore in Nashville, and I bought several tubes because I love it so. Where did they find it here because I'm almost out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super, super picky about lip balm. My personal favorite is the Burt's Bees. I have tubes stashed everywhere - by the bed, by the couch, in the van, in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly what I thought, Sandy! It was just like the lalello I used to get in Croatia! Truly the best stuff around...your comment confirmed what I thought when I saw on the tube the Nivea is a German product. I'll find out where they got it.

    ReplyDelete

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.