Friday, December 18, 2009

HUGSR Chicks Christmas Cookie Extravaganza!

Last year I hosted the first annual HUGSR Chicks Christmas Cookie Extravaganza. It was a wonderful evening with women from Harding Graduate School, fellowshipping and decorating Christmas cookies. On that historic night I learned a marvelously easy and fun way to decorate cookies from my good friend Lisa.

Lisa, an amazing young woman with a bright future in ministry and a beautiful smile always adorning her face, grew up decorating cookies with family. We hosted the evening together in my home...I was in charge of baking the cookies and she planned the decorations. In addition to the traditional non-pareils, Lisa brought ziplocs of variously colored frosting. She proceeded to snip off a tiny bit of one corner of each baggie...voila! we had piping bags!

Finding Lisa's method so simple, I decided to make and decorate cookies as teacher gifts last year. They turned out marvelously and the teachers raved (yes, I know teachers rave over every gift, but I chose to take my raves at face value!). So this year I decided to branch out and make cookies for others as well, including our Bible class Christmas party.

With a bit of trepidation I quietly snuck the cookies into the party and slipped them unseen onto the dessert table. I stealthily watched as others took and ate the cookies. Since no one knew who made them, I knew the reactions would be real. Soon I heard others asking about the cookies. To my amazement, several assumed the cookies were made and decorated by our residential baker/decorator, Cathy. Their amazement matched mine when they discovered the true baker's identity.

Needless to say, I am pleased with this year's cookie triumph. I even stumbled upon some designs that will be lovely throughout the year and for events such as baby showers and birthday parties. No longer will I be rushing to volunteer to bring the veggie tray because it's easy to make look good!

And it's all thanks to Lisa and my beloved HUGSR Chicks!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.