Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's Friday...Almost

The boys have no school tomorrow and my office is closed for the holidays, so I declared this Thursday night to be Friday night.

For us, that means a number of things: shirking of all chores, Little Ceasar (pizza, pizza), a good movie, and everyone in their PJs early and gathered in the den. Occasionally we add a friend or two or throw in a good game of Monopoly or a few rounds of Taboo.

And for me, Friday night also means Saturday morning is next. Since our boys were old enough to fend for themselves we have had a mutually beneficial deal with them: they keep quiet and let us sleep in Saturday morning, and they can watch all the TV and play all the Wii or DS they want (having no cable and locking the family computer keeps it all safe and better ensures some good slumber).

To all who must rise early and work tomorrow, I will be mindful of you as I revel in my PJs.

1 comment:

  1. At the Rubios it was not uncommon to hear a little boy say, "I can't wait 'til Friday night," or "Let's have Friday night tonight," or "Hooray, It's Friday night!" . . . our tradition much like yours--popcorn, choc chip cookies, The Incredible Hulk and Dukes of Hazard. We loved our Friday nights at home with little men, now all grown and gone. Enjoy for as long as you can!

    ReplyDelete

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.