Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Extraordinary in the Ordinary

When I set out to right this blog I wondered whether I could actually do it. 365 days of writing something worth reading is daunting to say the least. Today is day 15 and nothing happened toay that was particularly interesting, witty, compelling, or out of the ordinary and, therefore, worth writing about.

Not unless you count dropping everything to respond to a call from Boy 2 about whether he is coughing too much to stay at school and then sitting with him through the sweet kindergarten holiday program just so I could listen to his cough.

And to most a visit to a dear friend who is preparing to move herself, her husband, their unborn child, and their entire life to a completely new place to begin a ministry God called them to does not make for riveting reading.

Or what about the trip to the grocery store to buy pears for Boy 1 to take to his Latin class tomorrow for Latin Food day and spending the evening smelling the spray paint on his lightening bolt to go with his toga?

A few might find it fun to read about how Mark and I reversed roles today when I did not know something he has been telling me all week and for which I even thanked him for letting me know about.

This 15th day of my 39th year may sound humdrum and run of the mill. It may not make great fodder for a lighthearted look at life. Nothing that I might not be doing any day of any year.

Not one thing today was interesting, witty, compelling, extraordinary, or worth reading about. But all of it together made for a pretty amazing day and reminds me how truly extraordinary my life is in all it's ordinariness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.