Monday, December 14, 2009

An A-Typical Ode to a Girl's Friends

I just got a great suggestion from one of my many girlfriends.

A number of days ago I mentioned that rather than use my sons' real names on this public blog I would call them Boy 1 and Boy2, but I did not have a good name for the sweet little girl that spends a few days each week with us. Today it was suggested I call her Wee 1 to match the number system I use for my boys. Simple but brilliant.

Such brilliant ideas are a very small part of why I love my girlfriends...but do not fret, I am certainly not launching into an overly-sappy ode to a girl's friends (there are too many of those out there already, and my friends would think this blog was being hacked if I wrote that kind of stuff about them).

Rather, I'll just give a short, witty, nod to the value I place on my girlfriends:

My girlfriends are brilliant, witty, and wise.
They laugh with me (and at me).
They cry with me.
They pick up my kids and spy on my kids.
They listen to all my chit-chat.
They reflect God into my life as only God's women can.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.