Saturday, December 12, 2009

I Made My Boy Barf

Last night I made my son throw up. It's not something I typically do, and it wasn't over a plate of green vegetables.

After five days of asthma treatment, Boy 2's energy has returned with a vengeance. He's not excessively hyper, but he does get a bit spastic when cooped up for long, which, between bad health and bad weather, he has been.

Years ago I stumbled across a foolproof way to deal with spastic boys--jumping jacks. 100 of them usually takes the wind out of a boy's sails, and if it doesn't 5 minutes of running in place also helps.

So that's what I had Boy 2 do last night. 100 jumping jacks. We all laughed and had a jolly old time, including Boy 2, as he continued to spaz through the exercise.

When he finished he was still rather wound up and just as he was about to engage in the next exercise I assigned, he coughed. It was all over...and by that I mean all over the floor.

I make a good tomato soup with real tomatoes and cream. The boys love it, but we learned last night that it stings the nasal passages.

I felt pretty bad as I helped my boy blow the tomato out of his nose. But then he summed up his experience as follows:

"Man do I have a great story to tell the guys!"



1 comment:

  1. Only boys (and men) can take vomit so happily!

    ReplyDelete

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.