Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Half-Day In the Life...

After a night of tossing and turning, I finally gave up the bed at 5:44AM (about 2.75 hours earlier than my usual). No longer willing to fight the war in my sinuses for a bit more sleep, I schlepped to the kitchen and made a cup of Starbucks's micro-ground water soluble Via (that's what they call their instant coffee because it's not really instant). Typically Mark is up and has great coffee made before my eyes see the light of day, but not wanting to disturb him I decided to try this sample packet we had received.

After downing the non-instant instant coffee (which, by the way, tasted awfully like instant) and a 12-hour pseudephedrine tablet, I was alert enough to do some reading.

Finally, Mark awoke and brewed some mega-awesome coffee, and after drinking a cup I was raring to go! So I did...all the way to the treadmill at the YMCA where I ran an easy 3 miles. This, too, was way out of the ordinary since I generally do my best exercising in the post-noon hours (which is pretty much when I do my best anything).

I headed back home, cleaned up, and took Boy 1 to his orthodontist. All seemed to be going normally as we ran some after-the-orthodontist errands.

Since I had a lunch date at 11:30, I dropped Boy 2 back home and headed to Panera by way of stopping by a friend's to feed Teebow (that's another blog for another day).

I should have known by the odd way my day began that the normal would not continue.

After waiting 30 minutes for my friend who apparently couldn't make our date, I left hoping nothing horrible had held her up. Moments after I left, my friend called to see where I was at. It took us a few moments to discover that all the while I was waiting in the warm inside, she was waiting for me in the 35 degrees outside.

As I contemplated the strange goings-on of my day, I realized I was only halfway through it and more oddities were bound to come my way. Nothing could have been more true.

I went to my office where I helped a boy stop his bleeding nose (no, I am not a doctor or nurse nor do I work in a place of medical aid) then spent the next 2 hours unable to get any work done because of one thing after another.

I take days like this in stride; there is no point being crazed by them since there is no way of stopping them, but they certainly increase my appreciation for the ho-hum of a lovely routine day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A lighthearted look at the year between my 39th and 40th birthdays.